Sunday, November 4, 2007

mi es profesora de espanol, y yo escribo mucho (I am a Spanish teacher, and I write a lot)

  My teacher won a Milken award. It was a big deal, called the Oscars of teaching, the assembly was an hour long with tons of media coverage. But what they all missed was the day that a fourteen-year-old started teaching Spanish to her peers.
  It all started seventh period when my Spanish teacher came up to me. She said that she didn't want to talk, so I was to help everyone grade our Spanish final. She really meant that she was lazy and wanted me to do her job for free.
  So I got up there, started reading off the answers, when my friend started talking. I yelled at her. It was fun. But I stood up there all period, because the test was HUGE. My mouth dried up. I had to answer questions. I knew everyone's names, but forgot this one kid's first name. Everyone calls him Roeder, his last name. So I did too. Teachers aren't supposed to do that. Oops.
  I'm definitely never going to be a teacher.  I'm actually thinking about going into social work. It would be hard, but I want to work with kids, and I want to help people with their problems. I'm thinking that it would be a good idea.
  I also completely changed the format of the blog. It was time.
  And I'm sorry I've been so random lately. It's like I have ADD or something. But too bad. I don't really care.
  

No comments: