Friday, September 14, 2007

Apparently, I have multiple personalities.

  I've been thinking a lot about who I am lately, and I came up with this: I know myself so well that I can't separate it enough to evaluate who I am. All my actions are acting from who I am.
  And if this theory is true, I have a lot of different personalities.
  With the DF, I'm a girl who made it through the hard stuff and who he now knows intensely well. For example, today I said, "Oh my gosh, I have to take my stupid guitar home today." The meaning that both of us knew I really meant was, "Wait for me by the guitar room when you pick up your bass clarinet. I want to walk with you." That's Personality A. I rather like her.
  At home, I'm moody teenager who has gone emo and is a bit angry with the world. (Really I'm girl who just barely forgave her parents and still rages against her stepfather in her mind.) Personality B is a little nuts.
  In 1st and 3rd period, I'm quiet girl who gets good grades. Personality C is nice, but not interesting.
  In 2nd and 4th period, I'm the musical girl who picks up on everything quickly. Personality D is pretty sweet, almost as great as A.
  In 5th and 6th period, I'm the girl who knows everyone's inside jokes and is friends with everyone, but dedicates most of her attention to her DF. Personality E is tied with D.
  Here's the shocker: in 7th period, I'm now known as a troublemaker. Personality E is weird. Today in Spanish, Holly, Josh, and I were looking up insults in the Spanish dictionary and using them on each other. We talk a lot in that class. Today, the ending of the 3rd week of school, she noticed. I am now a 'trouble child' who needs to be watched and chastised often. Really, I'm not bad, I don't disrupt, and I finish my work with A's to boot. Yet, I am one of the worst kids in the class according to Senora what's-her-name. I don't get it.
  Of course, I occasionally add more personalities to the list. Think I'm crazy yet?

No comments: