Monday, September 10, 2007

wheee

  Do you remember the part in The Sound of Music where Liesl gets her first kiss and runs around screaming WHEEEEE? I didn't kiss anyone today, but I screamed like that because I was really happy.


  
  This morning, I forgot to talk to Matt. I think he thought I was mad at him, so he didn't talk to me. I spent quite a bit of third period writing 'I screwed up' over and over. I felt horrible, but it turned out he wasn't mad at all.
  At lunch, Matt and I were talking about his older brother and this girl named Jenna. He said that Jenna is his older brother's 'friendish.' (if you don't get that, you've never been to middle school.) But the way he said it made me pretty sure that I'm his 'friendish.' Which makes me happy, and makes me realize that he's slowly pushing the limits as far as he can. If he goes further (with me) than his brother does (with his friendish), his mom will probably end up knowing. (Because his brother is the type to get mad and tell.) I don't know if his mom knows about me at all. (My mom doesn't know a thing, even though we've known each other for about ten months.) This is why I will now be referring to Matt as DF. (dearest friendish)
  Even though we don't go far, I can tell that we're going further. We're a bit messier around each other. We used to move around cleanly, making sure nothing ever touched. Now I'll take a paper out of his hand while touching his fingers, or he'll sit down when my hand's on the back of the chair so they brush against each other. It's exciting to notice these things.
  When I was walking home, walking the way that I knew he would drive by, I saw his car. I know he saw me. He turned around (he was in the backseat) and watched me until they went out of view. The second he turned around, I smiled at him. I'm almost positive he noticed.
  It's just little moments like that. They're perfect. WHEEEEE...

No comments: