After my grandma experienced two near-death encounters due to an illness that is too complicated to easily explain, she was finally going to get a knee replacement today. She's been living for months in a wheelchair with absolutely no knee. But when they opened her up during surgery today, they discovered that the area where the knee was to go was infected. With the infection she's been fighting for months.
I've been thinking a lot about crying lately. Through my whole life, crying has never been hard for me. When my mom called me and told me the news, of course my tears started welling up. But I don't cry anymore. The tears come, but they don't fall. It just doesn't happen.
After years of being a crybaby, I am so angry that my tears won't come. Am I not sad anymore? Or will my sadness just refuse to break through the barrier of love I now have surrounding my hurt?
I don't know, and I realize that this is a sentimental piece of crap to everyone who has no clue who I am. I apologize.
But in other news, I guess I'll talk about the DF. I've decided to tell him my secrets. I've already told him a few, and it feels better when he knows exactly what I'm trying to say, because he understands the back meaning to it.
And...FPS sucks. That's Future Problem Solvers, and I say that we abolish it.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Or will my sadness just refuse to break through the barrier of love I now have surrounding my hurt?"
I thought this was actually very insightful. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wrote this to you in my comments, but wasn't sure you would see it...
"Chica, I hope you are doing o.k. - that you are feeling alright. Life really does change, and you change, and things get better. It IS worth it. And you know all those horrible clichés about how trials make us into who we are? They’re totally true, which kind of sucks, I know."
(I hope that doesn't sound condescending or anything like that. I know you already know all that - judging from your writing on your blog, you're probably light years ahead of where I was in terms of maturity. I just wanted to say SOMETHING, and even though I know that often there isn't much anyone can say that will really help.)
Take care, o.k.?
Post a Comment