Yep, it has been one of those days. One of those AMAZING days when something happens with DF and I freak out. Again and again.
Today was the day of the Christmas dance. A year ago at the Christmas dance was when DF and I really started our fantastic relationship. Before that, we were friends. Since then, we've been best friends. So today, I was really excited to spend the dance with him again.
But then he came into the library (we hang out in there during it because it's quieter) with a checkout slip. He was leaving. I knew that my face fell a little bit when he told me that I
had a whole five minutes with him instead of an hour.
Then, I decided to go to the computer. He came with me, and I looked at my sister's blog. The blog with the picture of the baby named after my cousin. He knew something was wrong, so I just told him that she wasn't the first girl with the name. He understood, I think.
Then, as I waited for a page to load, he said merry Christmas, and I heard a thunk. There, on the table, was a brand new copy of one of my favorite books, Impulse. I had been trying to get my hands on a copy, though he didn't know that.
Then he left. After a minute of sitting and writing poems about how excited I was, it occurred to me that there was obviously going to be a note inside of the book. I waited until nearly the end of the dance to read it, and it was great.
Because it was mainly about him. Usually, we talk about me. I hate that, but I'm in a terrible habit of it. This letter was about him, how he was reacting to his family, and that he wanted to hear me speak with my southern accent. That was it. But it was what I needed, what I still need.
I just love him.
So I've decided that he's getting his present in the week after Christmas. It'll be a CD, of course, but I'm going to put a little bit of myself on it at the end. And I think I'll put in two letters, one in our usual style and one that tells him the serious stuff: the story of my dad, and the story of my cousin.
I know that's really heavy for me, but we need it. I'm also going to put that he can ask me any question, because he really can. I feel totally comfortable telling him anything that's important.
I just love him.
P.S. For some reason, the formatting is all weird with the last letters on the next line in some words. Sorry. My computer doesn't like to fix things.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment