Thursday, December 13, 2007

Choir is amazing!

  Okay, so I should just admit it now...I like to sing. A lot. I sing on my way to school, on my way home from school, for hours after I get home from school, and I even  have a class in school.
  So I'm obsessed with choir. At the first of the year, it just seemed like an all right class, just a bit better than normal, but after we started our Christmas songs...I've just been so happy. Until today. It was the last day we got to perform for choir. Every time I performed, I loved it more, and I was disappointed that I didn't get another concert to get it just right.
  I'm excited about taking again next year. Already. That's how much I love it. I'm trying to get DF into it, and he says he wants to. I think he's ashamed that I'll think his voice is bad or something, but I don't care what his singing voice sounds like, I just want to see him happy and singing.
  Okay, so this wasn't exactly the point of my post. I just didn't want to start off arrogant, and I'm afraid that by writing this thing I will sound arrogant. But I'm just trying to explain this feeling.
  Last night, we were singing our final song, Po La'i E. (Hawaiian Silent Night) We were supposed to sing it in Hawaiian, hum it, then sing it in Spanish, then another group sang it in French, and then we had to walk up the aisles singing in our different languages.
  So there I was, walking up the aisle, when I decided to start walking with my friend Tim because I would feel more comfortable. He also sings really loud, so I knew that I wouldn't be as nervous about singing.
  When we finished, he turned around and told me that I had a really nice voice. That he had always heard my voice from the alto section, but didn't know who it was. For some reason, this was a HUGE deal to me. I think it's because my mom and my little sister have said that, but they're family, so they're required to. My friends don't have to say any of that if we're just singing. But he did. There's also the fact that my biggest dream is to go to Choir Festival. Since only four altos are picked, my chances of going are slim. But I want to so badly. So this upped my confidence.
  So today when we sang that song in front of the school, Tim came and sang by me again. I said that I went by him because he sang loud and didn't throw me off. He said that he came by me because I was loud and helped him, so he didn't get thrown off.
  Choir is so much fun.
 

No comments: