Wednesday, December 5, 2007

the BIGGEST day ever

  Okay, so it's been a long time since I posted. Sorry. There wasn't much going on until today.
  These past few weeks, I've been searching inside myself to try and figure things out. I was actually wavering on whether I like DF any more. I've also been cramming for gigantic tests and working like crazy on guitar and choir songs, because the concerts started today. So I've been busy, and thought about posting here, but then I just didn't.
  So let's start with the beginning of today. I got to school, went to my first couple classes, but left after about ten minutes of math to go to the MTC. My brother (step-brother, not the one I posted about before) is leaving. He left today, to go on the Pennsylvania Philadelphia mission.
  To start off, the MTC is the coolest place ever. Once you get past the lobby where people meet with their families, the feeling is just a little short of the way you feel at the temple. Everything is strong, every emotion comes out more, and things seem clearer. During the talks they give before you have to say goodbye, a woman had all of the missionaries stand up. Looking around, seeing my brother and all of these men who are giving years of their lives to be strong servants, almost warriors for God, was amazing. So finally, the talks ended, and my brother had to leave. I wasn't going to cry, but looking around, everyone was crying, from little girls to old men. So I couldn't contain myself; no one could.
  So I was feeling a little shaky when I went into the bathroom. But in there were a bunch of women who you could tell had been crying. We were united in the fact that we were all giving up something important, something we loved so dearly that it was hard to separate ourselves from. With that thought in mind, I felt strong.
  After that, we went to Cafe Rio and then I went back to school. It was the middle of the Reflections Award Assembly that all of the kids who entered got to go to. (I was required to enter.) Since it was near the end of the school day, I didn't check in and I just sat by one of my friends, not realizing that DF was at the end of the row until I sat down. I wanted to sit by him, so I was convinced that he would win an award and when he got back, he would sit by me. But here's the shocker: I won the award. For literature. For one of the crappiest poems I've ever done. So I went back up, sat by DF, and we talked through the rest of the assembly.
  The assembly finished early, so he went with me to my locker to get my stuff, and then the bell rang and we left. He went home, and I walked to the elementary school behind my school to pick up a janitor application. That's right, I'm going to be a janitor. It's about the only job I can do at this age, and I get paid $6.53 and hour.
  After that whole thing, I hung out at home for awhile, then decided to play piano and sing, then to play guitar and sing. I spent some of the best hours of my life then, just being one with the music.
  Finally, my mom got home. We sat around for awhile, and then my sister called to tell me that she's having a baby GIRL. I'm so excited, because now I'll have two nieces, and I could tell that my sister really wanted a daughter.
  In case my day couldn't get ANY more exciting, I had a guitar concert. But this wasn't just a guitar concert. It was a guitar/BAND concert. And guess who's in the band? So after I played, getting so flushed that I'm still a little red in the cheeks, I sat down in the auditorium to watch my friends (okay, mostly DF) play. I actually stared at him almost the whole time.
  Once they were finished playing, we hung out in the school. His older brother was playing in the more advanced band at that point, so his parents were still watching the concert. We talked. And talked. And talked. So talking to him, in that perfect moment where he was DRESSED UP
(I have a thing for guys who are dressed up) I knew that I really still love him. It's really still happening. Eventually, his mom came. And the second she came, I ran off like a shot. But we had that perfect twentyish minutes, and everything was great.
  So in summary of today, the biggest day ever: my brother went on his mission, I won an award for Literature, I applied for my first job, I had a music revelation, my sister is going to have a girl, I had my first guitar concert, I hung out with DF for awhile, and I realized that I love him.
  Today has been great.

No comments: