
I was watching Regis and Kelly the other day. Let me establish that Regis and Kelly is not a normal activity for me. It was on, and Regis' wife Joy was taking the place of Kelly, and it sounded fun. (Please keep in mind that I had just woken up.)
And guess who was on the show that day? Vanessa Hudgens. I have no problem with Disney, but High School Musical really bothers me. My cousins met Vanessa and Zac Efron once at a mall in L.A., and while they reported that Zac was amazing, they said that Vanessa didn't seem very friendly or even particularly nice. Before even watching Regis and Kelly, I didn't have a good opinion. While on the show, she didn't seem extremely smart ("Lake Titicaca? I didn't know that was a real place!") or interesting. And quite frankly, I hated her laugh.
But what made up for all of that was the clip they showed of High School Musical 2. It showed her boyfriend (Zac Efron) giving her a necklace. The acting wasn't particularly amazing, but there was one thing that struck me: Zac Efron's expression near the end of the clip. Every second that he looked at her, you could tell that he (supposedly) loved her. (Most of the interview and the whole clip is on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IxsaRV5dl4)
For those people who have read the Twilight series, this is definitely Edward's expression when he looks at Bella. As Mike Newton says, "It looks like he wants to eat you."
Lately, as things have been coming up, such as going back to school for registration and seeing my old haunts, I've been reminded of a certain person. (See my old blog if you have no clue what I'm talking about. The link is listed in my profile.) Anyway, this person looked at me the way that Zac Efron looks at Vanessa Hudgens, or Edward looks at Bella.
I miss him. I've uncovered what my mind buried to make me stop hurting. I love him so much, and I feel so bad that we've had no contact whatsoever this summer. When I was back at school, I saw his old locker and the halls we walked down so many times over the last year. It was hard for me to breathe. I love him, though I'm not in love with him yet.
This year, I don't know if I have any classes together, or whether we even have the same lunch. I'm nervous. If we're not together, this is the best time, since my feelings have cooled down a bit. If we are, which I'll love so much more, I'm getting myself ready for another nine months of love and happiness. And since I've never kissed a guy out of pure love, I'm excited for that to happen, if it does. But I have two problems. What if he doesn't like me anymore? That I couldn't stand. What if he's mad at me for not calling him all summer? I never gave him my number, so that couldn't apply to him. I'd be able to stand him being mad at me, even if it never ended.
Sorry I'm being random. Of course, I'm always random, so it really doesn't matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment